Experienced · Professional · Accessible
Matthew Michael Wawrzyn
- Commercial Litigation
- Antitrust & Competition
Matt Wawrzyn's practice focuses on commercial disputes in the federal and Illinois courts.
In 2022, Wawrzyn won three different appeals in the Federal Circuit. Each case involved patents. Wawrzyn's clients-the patent owners-had their valuable patent rights restored to them.
In 2022, Wawrzyn helped clients on both the debtor and creditor sides. Wawrzyn enforced money judgments on behalf of his creditor clients, and defended his debtor clients against their creditor actions. Wawrzyn helped many clients restructure their debts and avoid the time and expense of court.
Wawrzyn began his career at the law firms Winston & Strawn LLP and Kirkland & Ellis LLP.
- DePaul University College of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- J.D. - 2001
- Honors: With Honors
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Honors: Top 5% of Class
- Honors: 7 "Cali" Awards
- University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Bachelor of Arts - 1996
- Major: History and English
- Illinois, 2001
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- Chicago v. Morales: Constitutional Principles at Loggerheads with Community Action, 50 DePaul L. Rev. 371, Fall, 2000
- Winston & Strawn LLP, Chicago
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP